Wednesday 25 April 2012

"Theater als Musik" now available as iBook



For a while now my first monograph from 2003, Theater als Musik (Theatre as music), has been out of print, but I still got the odd request from students and colleagues who are interested in having a look at it. I have uploaded the PDF files to the research repository of the University of Exeter (and they are still there), but since the book makes frequent use of video clips and sound samples, and provides musical transcripts etc., I always thought that a kind of ebook / hypertext would be a better solution.




So after quite a bit of tweaking (and updating the text here and there), you can now download it in this new iBook format! And it's free! So do have a look, and perhaps leave a review or comment.


You can search for it through your iBook app or through iTunes. Here is a link.

I'm afraid, however, it is still all in German...


In many ways, it is the predecessor to the book I'm currently writing: it focuses on contemporary directors Christoph Marthaler, Einar Schleef and – probably best known of the three – Robert Wilson, and looks at their productions from a musical point of view, whereas in my current project, I go back in history and consider working and creation processes more strongly than the resulting performances. Anyway, I hope the digital version will be useful.



No comments:

Post a Comment