Friday 24 May 2013

Here is where we meet...

I have recently had the fortune to work more closely together with Pablo Pakula, who organised the 'Lifting the Curtain' events at the Marlowe Theatre (see previous blog entry), is a colleague at University of Kent, Drama and also Co-Founder of Accidental Collective together with Daisy Orton. Their current project is an exciting devised piece on the basis of John Berger's evocative book Here is where we meet.
I am delighted that after a number of conversations I am now involved in creating the music/soundscape for this piece together with Jenna Wild. Doing some hands on work, thinking music-dramaturgically alongside a developing piece, helping to solve issues of pace, transitions, mood, rhythm etc. is something I always find very exciting and working practically is an itch I don't always find the time to scratch amidst the demands of a busy academic schedule.
I am thus looking forward to the next few weeks: if you are in the area of Canterbury, don't miss the show: it is at the Marlowe Theatre, June 18-22.

You can also follow Accidental Collective on Twitter: @accidentalc



No comments:

Post a Comment